Environmental Scholarship Program
• Be attending DePaul University, University of Illinois – Chicago, Illinois Institute of Technology, Northern Illinois University, North Central College, Northwestern University, Elmhurst University or other 4-year degree granting institution, in northern Illinois. [Applications from other institutions (SE WI or NW IN) may be considered as long as eligibility requirements are met]; full or part-time for the academic year.
• Be pursuing a career in the environmental field (or as described below) as an undergraduate upperclassman (Junior or Senior) or graduate student in an environmental- related degree or certificate program, including but not limited to:
o Hazardous materials technologies
o Environmental engineering
o Civil engineering with an environmental emphasis
o Physical/natural sciences with an environmental emphasis, i.e., chemistry, geology,
o Energy conservation or management
o The Emergency Management & Continuity Planning Program or Disaster
Management Certificate Program at University of Illinois at Chicago
• Have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and making satisfactory progress.
• Complete the application form, including the short essays.
• Have not previously been awarded the AHMP Environmental Scholarship.
• Be a resident of the State of Illinois, as proven by submitting a copy of a current REAL ID.