Moon Shot for Equity Continuation Grant
Awarded to select undergraduate students to retain them and help them complete a bachelor’s degree. Incoming freshmen and freshmen in their first semester are not eligible for this grant.
UWM recognizes students sometimes experience unforeseen circumstances that can prevent them from paying their bills for tuition, fees, and other university charges. Students with outstanding bills of $1500 or greater are restricted from registering for classes for future terms. Awards from this fund are intended to be one-time in nature to help a student pay down a bill, thus removing a hold from the Office of Student Accounts so that they may register for classes for the coming term and be retained. Awards are not intended to be a long-term solution to funding one’s education.
At this time, only students who have not registered for Fall 2023 classes are eligible to apply.
Students will be reviewed considering many factors, including but not limited to the following:
- Undergraduate student pursuing their first degree
- Enrolled in the current or most recent term
- Cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Good Academic Standing
- Not graduating in the current term
- Not enrolled for the next term
FAFSA filing status
- Payment history
Priority consideration will be granted to eligible students who:
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit the Panther Scholarship Portal General Application.
- Have exhausted all other aid types, such as federal direct loans.
- Have an outstanding balance preventing course registration.
Due to limited funds available, unfortunately, not every eligible student will receive a grant.
This fund is not intended for emergency purposes such as car repairs, food, or other personal and non-university expenses. Students with emergency needs should complete the emergency grant application offered by the UWM Dean of Students Office.