Donald R. Shea Scholarship in Latin American Studies
The Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee offers a limited number of scholarships in the amount of $500 for advanced undergraduates (junior or above) and graduate students with a demonstrated interest in Latin American and/or Caribbean studies. The scholarship may be used for UWM sponsored semester-long, year-long, or short-term (Winter, Summer) study abroad programs in Latin American or the Caribbean, or for other academic opportunities in the region that can be accepted for UWM credit. Students from any major or field of study are invited to apply.
Other criteria include:
- 3.0 GPA or higher and in good academic standing
- Demonstrated academic interest in Latin American and/or Caribbean studies shown through coursework/research
- Preference will be given to students who have not received this scholarship previously
- The study abroad experience must occur some time between January 1, 2020 and May 14, 2020
- Dr. Donald R. Shea
- School/Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies, College of Letters & Sciences
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been accepted into a study abroad program or international internship placement?
- If you answered "no" to the question above, please explain where you are in the process of getting approved for a student abroad program or an international internship.
- What semester will you be studying abroad or participating in an international internship?
- Describe how a study abroad experience will help you meet your educational and professional goals.
- Describe how Latin American and/or Caribbean studies fits into your academic program and your academic, personal, and professional goals.