Welcome to the Panther Scholarship Portal!
Below, you will find a listing of scholarship opportunities available to students with information about the applications, deadlines, eligibility criteria, award amounts, donors, and more. Additional scholarship information may be found at scholarships.uwm.edu.
How to Apply for Scholarships
To apply for scholarships, you must be admitted to UWM. Admitted and current students have a Panther Scholarship Portal profile created for them based on their UWM student record. Sign in using your ePantherID and complete the General Application to enhance your profile and make you eligible for even more scholarships. Based on your answers in the General Application and your student record, you will be matched with scholarship opportunities as follows:
- You may be automatically matched with scholarships for which you meet the criteria, and your profile will be available to the awarding department for consideration. When you’re signed in, these auto-match scholarships will be listed as “None” under the Actions column, meaning no further action is required on your part. Qualifying does not guarantee that you will be offered a scholarship.
- You may be a good candidate for a scholarship, and more information is required from you to be considered. When you’re signed in, "Apply” will appear under the Actions column, and you must complete a scholarship-specific application. Read each scholarship’s description to determine if you would be a good candidate. Qualifying and applying do not guarantee that you will be offered a scholarship.
New applications become available throughout the year, so check the Panther Scholarship Portal regularly for new opportunities.
How to Search for Scholarships
You can search for scholarship opportunities in a variety of ways.
- To browse all available scholarships, click Ours under the Opportunities drop-down menu above.
- To filter by school, college, department, or area of study (major), select the Show Filters icon above and select one or more options.
- To search by keyword, enter your keyword in the text field below. Common keyword searches include your year in school (e.g., sophomore) and major.
- To view scholarships recommended for you based on your student record, admitted and current students may sign in and click Recommended under the Opportunities drop-down menu.
Questions? Concerns? Feedback? Contact the Office of Student Scholarships.
Max & Kay Kurz Masters in Social Work Scholarship
The Max and Kay Kurz Scholarship provides financial support to students...