Helen Bader Age and Community Scholarship
The purpose of this scholarship is to increase the number of people with the knowledge and skills to work with and on behalf of older people. The scholarship provides financial support for undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing a certificate focused on gerontology. Scholarships may be used to cover the cost of tuition, fees, books, and room and board. Scholarships are for one year and students may reapply for additional years of funding. For additional information about scholarship requirements, please visit uwm.edu/socialwelfare/helen-bader-age-and-community-scholarship/.
- School/Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- Helen Bader Age and Community Scholarship
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is intended for students who are pursuing either the Graduate Certificate in Applied Gerontology or the Undergraduate Certificate in Healthy Aging. Are you currently pursuing, or have you been admitted to, one of these certificate programs?
- Submit two (2) letters of recommendation from professional contacts such as professors, advisors, field instructors, supervisors, or employers. At least one of these letters should comment on your academic potential. Both letters must be on letterhead and signed by the person making the recommendation.
- Upload your first letter of recommendation here.
- Upload your second letter of recommendation here.
- Submit an essay that addresses your unique characteristics, focusing on your experience in and commitment to the field of aging.
- Please submit your official transcript. For current UWM students, unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may request unofficial transcripts through your PAWS account by selecting "Other Academics" in your Student Center.