E. Paul and Jane Humke International Mathematics Scholarship
The E. Paul and Jane Humke International Mathematics Scholarship is given to a student for participation in the study abroad program in mathematics in Budapest, Hungary. More information about the study abroad semester can be found at: https://budapestsemesters.com/apply-2/. The study abroad experience can take place in Spring 2022, Summer 2022 or Fall 2022 prior to graduation from UWM. Eligible students will be math majors with at least sophomore standing and a strong record of academic success. Students should have completed one semester of real analysis or abstract algebra prior to going abroad in order to successfully complete the coursework in Budapest. The student offered the scholarship must still apply and be accepted to the Budapest program in order to receive the scholarship. Questions about the scholarship can be directed to Prof. Gabriella Pinter (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Multiple Donors
- Varies up to full costs of the study abroad experience
- Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- College of Letters and Science, Math
- Supplemental Questions
- Please attach a current copy of your resume. Upload PDF files only and name your file with your last name and the word “resume.” For example, DoeResume.pdf or JonesResume.pdf.
- Provide an essay that addresses (1) your reasons for wanting to complete the Budapest math study abroad semester, (2) your research/career interests related to mathematics, including how this experience would help you achieve your goals, and (3) your interest in living in Budapest, including any previous contact or relationship you may have had with Hungarian people.
- Provide the names of two math professors or instructors who, if asked, would be able to provide supportive information about your academic performance.