Lillian and Willis Leenhouts Memorial Scholarship
The scholarship is awarded to any SARUP student who has demonstrated academic merit and a record of service to the School. Applicant must: a) exhibit leadership potential and demonstrate the ability to be a positive ambassador for the scholarship; b) seeks to explore alternative design philosophies that enhance and relate to the purpose of the scholarship; c) express forward ideas about the future of our profession, its roles and responsibilities; and d) demonstrate interest in the success of women and/or diverse communities, including their influences as they relate to the built environment. A portfolio submission is required highlighting 1-2 academic projects or related works (7-page max.). Portfolio submission format: ‘print pdf’ to reduce the size before sending; label as Leenhouts_Lastname.pdf. The narrative is weighted more heavily than the portfolio.
- School/Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- School of Architecture and Urban Planning
- Supplemental Questions
- Please discuss any leadership experience and how it demonstrates the ability to be a positive ambassador for the scholarship.
- Discuss your design philosophies
- Discuss your interest in affecting the culture of women and communities as related to the built environment.
- Please upload a portfolio of your work (file cannot be larger than 10mbs)
- Please upload a copy of your most recent transcript.