Sol Tax Scholarship
The Department of Anthropology will be awarding the Sol Tax Scholarship to multiple Anthropology PhD students to support their dissertation research. Any doctoral student may apply for the scholarship, although special consideration will be given to students who have additional research expenses as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Awards will be up to $1,000 each (the number and size of awards will depend on the number of applications received) and paid during the Fall 2020 semester.
- Sol Tax Fund
- up to $1,000
- Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- Department of Anthropology, College of Letters and Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a copy of your dissertation abstract. (maximum 500 words)
- Enter the name and email of your PhD advisor. S/he will be asked to submit a letter of recommendation.
- Upload a copy of your Curriculum Vita (CV) in PDF format. Make sure your file name has no punctuation, spaces or capital letters. (e.g. johncv.pdf is a good file name; john doe 2021_CV.pdf is not a good file name.)
- Upload a copy of your graduate transcript if you are a graduate student (an unofficial copy is acceptable)
- Explain how your research has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic (e.g., disrupted travel, inability to collect/analyze data, institutional closures), if applicable.