Professor Bud Weare Scholarship
This award is named in honor of Professor Bud Weare and is given to a student who meets the following criteria. Amounts vary but is typically around $2,000.
- A student who will be a sophomore, junior or senior at the beginning of the Fall 2020 term with an intended or declared major in History. Preference will be given for declared majors.
- Demonstrated financial need as shown on the FAFSA.
- Demonstrated academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- A student from a historically underrepresented minority group (African American, American Indian, Southeast Asian, and Hispanic Latino or students of mixed race that includes two or more of these categories)
For optimal consideration, students should fill out these parts of the general scholarship application and make sure the most recent transcript is uploaded:
- Co-curricular Activities
- Community Service and Volunteer Work
- Work Experience
- Academic and Career Goals
You may edit your general application at any time prior to the deadline for the Professor Bud Weare Scholarship.