Berquist Study Abroad Scholarship
The Berquist Study Abroad Scholarship supports undergraduate students from any major in a bachelor’s degree program and going on an approved study abroad experience outside of the United States. Preference is given to students who are first generation and/or have documented financial need. Minimum GPA is a 3.0 cumulative. Applications are typically accepted in November/December for Spring study abroad and in February/March for Summer and Fall study abroad. Students must also apply for approval for study abroad through the UWM Center for International Education (CIE). The deadline to apply for study abroad approval for Summer or Fall 2024 is March 1, 2024.
NOTE: This scholarship is for Milwaukee-campus students planning to study at a program outside of Milwaukee and outside of the United States. This is not for international students coming to the Milwaukee campus to study.
- The late Dr. Goodwin Berquist
- Varies up to $2,500
- Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- Center for International Education, First-Generation Student Scholarships, College of Letters and Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Provide a short description of the study abroad program or international internship you will be participating in, including the time period you will be abroad. You must have also applied to the specific program through the Center for International Education by their March 1 deadline.
- Please upload a copy of your most recent UWM transcript in PDF format. An unofficial version downloaded from PAWS is acceptable.
- Describe how your study abroad experience will help you meet your educational and professional goals. Include information about the specific program you will be attending and how that program relates to your goals.