Helen Bader Age & Community Scholarship

The purpose of the Helen Bader Age and Community Scholarship is to increase the number of people with the knowledge and skills to work with and on behalf of older people. The scholarship provides financial support for undergraduate and graduate students who are pursuing a certificate focused on gerontology. Scholarships may be used to cover the cost of tuition, fees, books, and room and board. Scholarships are for one year and students may reapply for additional years of funding. For additional information about scholarship requirements, please visit uwm.edu/socialwelfare/helen-bader-age-and-community-scholarship/.

Helen Bader Foundation
Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
College of Community Engagement & Professions, Helen Bader School of Social Welfare, UWM Foundation Scholarships
Supplemental Questions
  1. This scholarship is intended for students who are pursuing either the Graduate Certificate in Applied Gerontology, the Undergraduate Certificate in Healthy Aging, or the Social Work Minor in Aging. Are you currently pursuing, or have you been admitted to, one of these academic programs?
  2. Please submit the names and email addresses of two professional contacts (such as professors, advisors, field instructors, supervisors, or employers) that you would like to invite to submit a reference for you. At least one of these contacts should be able to comment on your academic potential. These individuals will receive an email from the Panther Scholarship Portal instructing them to go in and submit a reference for you. You will not be able to view the reference, but you can track the status of your reference requests by going to the References tab in the portal.
    • Please enter the name and email address of your first reference.
    • Please enter the name and email address of your second reference.
  3. Submit an essay that addresses your unique characteristics, focusing on your experience in and commitment to the field of aging.
  4. Please submit a copy of your transcript. UWM students can request unofficial transcripts by selecting "Other Academics" in the Student Center of their PAWS account.