Art & Design Department Outstanding First-Year Student Scholarship Application
A limited number of scholarships are awarded each year. Scholarship recipients are announced at the First-Year Experience Exhibition Reception in early April.
To qualify for consideration, Art and Design students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Students demonstrate a high level of engagement in their college art and design experience in studio work, co-curricular art and design opportunities, critique, and programming.
- Students demonstrate quality studio work and creative growth.
- Students are respectful, collegial members of this creative community.
- Students maintain a minimum GPA of 3.00 and full-time enrollment status (minimum of 12 credits per semester).
- Students have declared the Art and Design major and are currently in at least one First-Year Program Art and Design course (ART 101, 108, 109, 118, 106).
- Students must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for next year by April 1. (The FAFSA is not required for international students)
Please contact Cynthia Hayes or contact Melissa Wagner-Lawler with questions.
Recipients will be notified in April and will be required to participate in the Crossing Over Exhibition in the subsequent fall semester.