Awarded to full-time, undergraduate, underrepresented minority students from Milwaukee Public Schools with demonstrated community leadership, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher, and financial need as determined by the FAFSA. Renewable for up to four years (eight semesters) for students who continue to satisfy the requirements. (Current recipients do not need to re-apply). A letter of recommendation is strongly encouraged for this opportunity.
- Bader Philanthropies
- $8,000 (Renewable)
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) Graduates, New Freshman Scholarships, University-Wide Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Describe one or more of your community leadership, community service and/or volunteer activities and discuss the impact on those who were served. Also discuss the impact on you personally and what you gained from your experience(s).
- Indicate your expected UWM graduation date (month and year).
- Suggested Letter of Recommendation: Provide the name and email address of an individual who will provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf for this scholarship opportunity. (This person should not be related to you).