Ross Leonard Scholarship
Providing support for undergraduate students demonstrating a commitment to promoting and securing equal rights for members of the LGBTQIA (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex, or asexual) community showing demonstrated commitment through advocacy, volunteerism, or other community service, to securing equal rights for members of the LGBTQIA community in activities inside or outside the UWM campus OR demonstrated interest in pursuing a field of academic study promoting the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the LGBTQIA community, including but not limited to the LGBT Certificate program.
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing
- Demonstrated academic merit
- Demonstrated financial need as determined by the FAFSA
- DA Leonard
- Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- University-Wide Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- List volunteer, community service, or other advocacy activities that involve securing equal rights for members of the LGBTQIA Community and its allies (on or off campus).
- Describe your academic interest in pursuing a program promoting the creation and dissemination of knowledge about the LGBTQIA community and its allies (including but not limited to the LGBT Studies Certificate Program)
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from an individual who is personally familiar with you as a student, and also with your involvement with LGBTQIA community. This letter must include your level of motivation within the LGBTQIA community. Include this letter of recommendation with your application.