Hilda Becher Modern Language Scholarship in Spanish
Spanish minors and majors who will be participating in the Madrid Summer Study Abroad program are eligible to apply for this scholarship. Applicants must have a total University GPA of 3.0 or higher. Applications are typically accepted in spring each year between February and April. Students must also apply for study abroad approval through the UWM Center for International Education. Their deadline to apply for study abroad is typically March 1.
- The Estate of Hilda Becher
- Varies up to $2,500
- Schools/Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- College of Letters and Science, Spanish and Portuguese
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you been accepted into the Madrid Summer Study Abroad program?
- If you answered "no" to the question above, please explain where you are in the process of getting approved for a student abroad program or an international internship.
- Written in Spanish, tell us about your academic and professional goals and how the Madrid Summer Study Abroad program help you reach those goals.
- Letter of Recommendation: Please provide the name and email address of a former or current professor of Spanish who can provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf. They will be emailed and will upload their letter of recommendation directly to the portal. You may want to let them know to watch for this request in their email.