UWM Retirees Association Scholarship
Intended to encourage degree completion and reduce loan debt for academically successful and engaged students with junior or senior standing in the upcoming fall term. Minimum 3.50 cumulative GPA, full-time enrollment and demonstrated financial need. Students with two years remaining in their first Bachelor’s degree program are ideal candidates. Scholarship is renewable for a second year with required GPA and enrollment. A letter of recommendation is strongly suggested for this opportunity.
- $2,500 - $3,000 (renewable)
- Anticipated Total
Anticipated total amount over the full term of this award.
- Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- University-Wide Scholarships
- Supplemental Questions
- Indicate your expected UWM graduation date (month and year).
- Approximate number of credits you plan to take at UWM each semester: Indicate "0" if none will be taken in that term.
- Fall 2022
- Spring 2023
- Summer 2023
- Winterim 2023
- If applicable, describe in more detail any co-curricular activity you have been involved in while attending UWM that has been meaningful for you or has enhanced your overall experience as a student (seminars, research, apprenticeships, internships, presentations, publications, volunteer and/or leadership opportunities, etc.). Include the dates and/or number of hours, and the name of your faculty mentor, partner organization, etc. Discuss the significance of the activity. You may touch on why you chose to participate and the impact on your current or future academic endeavors and professional goals.
- What more do you plan to accomplish as a UWM student before you complete your undergraduate degree? If you will be pursuing a minor and/or certificate program alongside your academic major, please list these here and indicate how these choices will help you reach your future goals.
- Suggested Letter of Recommendation: Provide the name and email address of an individual who will provide a letter of recommendation on your behalf for this scholarship opportunity. (This person should not be related to you).