Irene Frye Scholarship for Gerontology Social Work
The Irene Frye Scholarship for Gerontology Social Work is intended to provide financial support to graduate social work students of the Helen Bader School of Social Welfare who are pursuing a concentration in gerontology. Preference is given to students who are members of racial or ethnic minority groups underrepresented in higher education, non-traditional students, and students with financial need. Please visit uwm.edu/socialwelfare/irene-frye-scholarship-for-gerontology for more information.
- Irene Frye
- Schools/Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- Helen Bader Age and Community Scholarship
- Supplemental Questions
- This scholarship is intended for MSW students pursuing a concentration in Gerontology. Are you currently pursuing this concentration?
- Submit an essay that addresses your experience in and commitment to the field of aging. Include any relevant course work, projects, internships, and professional or volunteer work experience. What courses do you plan to take that have a gerontology or aging focus? Why did you choose to incorporate a gerontology focus into your social work education? What do you intend to do with the knowledge and skills you're gaining?
- You may submit your official transcript but it is NOT required. For current UWM students, unofficial transcripts are acceptable. You may request unofficial transcripts through your PAWS account by selecting "Other Academics" in your Student Center.