Melvin H. Miller Award for Teaching
The Department of Communication awards one teaching award to a graduate student in communication. Selection will be based on quantitative teaching evaluations, peer evaluations, course director recommendations, and other information.
- The late Dr. Melvin H. Miller
- Schools, Colleges, Departments, and Areas
- Communication Department, College of Letters and Science
- Supplemental Questions
- Upload a copy of your Curriculum Vita (CV) in PDF format. Make sure your file name has no punctuation, spaces or capital letters. (e.g. johncv.pdf is a good file name; john doe 2021_CV.pdf is not a good file name.)
- Upload supporting documents in PDF format. For optimal performance, a short PDF file name works best without punctuation, spaces or capital letters.
- 1. Upload a statement of your teaching philosophy.
- 2. Upload a summary of all previous quantitative student evaluations from classes taught in the department of communication.
- 3. Upload some of the qualitative student evaluations from classes taught in the department of communication.
- 4. Upload all previous course director evaluations from classes taught in the department of communication.
- Provide the name and email of your current or previous course director and alert them that you are requesting a letter of support be uploaded before the deadline.