ADC Principal Scholarship
The Principal Financial Group is a global financial investment management and insurance company headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa. Principal is pleased to be an active partner in the African Diaspora Council (ADC) scholarship program at UWM. This scholarship program is focused on supporting students who have an interest in future employment opportunities with Principal.
Recipients must satisfy the following criteria:
- Undergraduate students who clearly demonstrate their significant engagement with or significant service to the African American/Black/African Diaspora community
- Academic merit (minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50)
- Enrolled in a degree-granting program
- Senior standing – scholarship is intended for the student’s final academic year
- Leadership skills demonstrated through leadership positions or work experience on or off-campus, and/or active engagement in student organizations.
Students who self-identify as African American or Black are encouraged to apply.
Preferred majors include the following:
- Information Science & Technology
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Data Analytics
- Business Analytics
- IT Management
- Human Resources Management
- Actuarial Science
Scholarship recipients are expected to engage with opportunities presented through Principal’s University Relations Department. Military veterans, students with disabilities, bilingual and multilingual students, former Principal interns, and May graduating seniors may be given preference.